07 May We Look Forward to Seeing You!
Dear Zachary Orthodontics patients and families,
We are beyond ready to get back to work and see everyone…we have missed you so much! We hope that you, your family, and your friends are safe and healthy. Soon we feel that the entire country will slowly re-open and we look forward to seeing your smiling faces (behind those masks)! We want to update you on our office, its measured re-opening, and the steps we are taking to ensure we do everything possible to keep our patients and our team healthy.
While our office has been closed, Dr. Zachary has been busy working with a team of local orthodontists, as well as manufacturing industry leaders to help craft a rational, evidence-based set of guidelines for reopening orthodontic practices. As we have all experienced, guidelines have been continually changing and Dr. Zachary has made every effort to stay as up to date as possible. His role in these efforts gives him a unique advantage that will benefit you.
We are planning to reopen this month, obviously depending on updated information. We ask for your continued patience. We will be following rigorous scheduling protocols and office measures for maximum safety. If you have an appointment currently, we ask that you sit tight with that appointment unless you hear from us. We have changed hundreds of appointments and will be making changes to future schedules daily as needed, to maximize everyone’s safety and each patient’s treatment efficiency.
We will begin rescheduling patients on a first-canceled-first-rescheduled basis. In addition, we will provide immediate rescheduling attention to those patients who were to get their braces off during our closure. This in turn will open appointment times sooner to accommodate other patients. Our office will call you to begin rescheduling appointments as appropriate…we have very accurate and comprehensive lists of appointments previously changed, including day and time.
The basic progression of your appointment will be very familiar; however, it may look a little different and we sincerely appreciate your help. Here are some items to know:
- We have reduced our patient load per hour to maximize social distancing and eliminate potential interactions between patients.
- If you are sick or just generally do not feel well, please call us to reschedule your appointment. We will make every effort to accommodate your schedule once you feel better.
- Please brush your teeth prior to your appointment at home – the tooth-brushing stations will be closed.
- Upon arriving for your appointment, please stay in your car in our parking lot and call/text us that you have arrived. Once your reserved chair has been thoroughly prepared for you, we will call/text you in return with instructions. One of our team members will come out to your car to escort the patient in to the office safely.
- We are blessed to have a spacious office space, so ample social distancing will be easy.
- Each patient will be met at the front door by their treatment escort.
- By arriving for your appointment, you are acknowledging that you:
- Are Fever free (less than 100° F)
- You have not been with anyone who has COVID-19 that you know of.
- You have not traveled on a plane within the past 14 days.
- Upon meeting your escort, the first step will be our check-in station. We will take your temperature via infrared touchless thermometer and verify the above-mentioned questions. Should your temperature be above 100° F, we will reschedule your appointment.
- During our second step, we will ask each patient to wash their hands at a designated touchless washing station.
- Once in their treatment chair, each patient will rinse for 30 seconds with an antimicrobial mouth rinse from a cup.
- Once your appointment is complete, we will escort you out the side door, and our front office will call you to schedule your following appointment.
- As is our customary protocol, each hour, all surfaces are sanitized (lobby, lab, sterilization center, door handles, counters, light switches, etc.) and obviously all clinical areas are thoroughly cleaned, and all instruments are sterilized after each patient.
- The patient restroom will be closed.
We love our patients and their families! We feel blessed that you have chosen us to care for your orthodontic needs. In addition, we genuinely enjoy your company and love chatting with you, but please understand that we will make every effort to keep your appointments very streamlined and efficient. We will be very focused on time efficiency in order to maximize progress during your visit. Sadly, we will not host our coffee/tea/hot chocolate station or any snacks while we manage our reopening. We look forward to offering them again soon.
Our team will be taking their temperature upon arrival at work and after lunch…including Dr. Zachary. Any team member with a temperature over 100 deg. Far. will go home. In addition, each team member will be required to answer the health questions indicated above. If any answers disqualify a team member, they will be sent home as well.
General office appearance
You will find our furniture slightly rearranged and our children’s toys, magazines, etc. removed for the time being. Our commitments to you include:
- We are a safe space from front to back, top to bottom.
- We will make every effort to accommodate everyone’s changing schedules.
- We look forward to welcoming you back…we’ve missed you all.
If you have questions, please call our office or call/text Dr. Zachary directly. With everyone wearing face coverings, it has emphasized to us how important your smile is! We can’t wait to make your smile its absolute best! Check out our Instagram page: @zachary_ortho, FB: Zachary Orthodontics, and our hashtag #becauseyoursmilemeanseverything.
We will be in touch…stay tuned!
Dr. Zachary, Barbara, Becca, Carolyn, Gloria, Gogi, Julie, Kaylynn, Kim, Theresa, and Tracey